We’re so very lucky at Flori’s for the tremendous number of messages of support and best wishes we receive from fantastic, like minded people who want to see an end to animal suffering. We’re often asked how they can help support our work in rescuing cats and dogs from a sad, often desperate life. As such, I thought I’d set out some of the top ways that our wonderful supporters make it possible for us to continue with our lifesaving work and make such a difference to these animals’ lives.
- Adopt – The most obvious one is to adopt one of our animals. We’re always looking for homes for our rescue cats and dogs. By finding the right home, we have achieved our ultimate goal in giving our rescues the life that they deserve. If you are in a position to provide a loving home for one of our animals please get in touch and we’ll do our best to match you with your perfect companion.
- Donate – Whilst new homes are obviously important, there is often a long, and unfortunately expensive journey that our rescues have to go through before they are ready to find their new home. We are therefore heavily reliant on donations from our supporters. All donations go towards helping our animals find their ‘happy ever after’, so whether you can donate once, or each month, no amount is too small and every little bit really does help.
- Join our monthly lottery – A great way to help us raise vital funds is to join our monthly 50/50 lottery. Half of all income is given away in prizes and with the other half going towards supporting our work, you can win prizes and help our animals all at the same time!
- Shop – Did you know we have some lovely Flori’s Friends merchandise available to buy from our online shop? Perfect for gifts or just to treat yourself and all profits go towards helping more animals.
- Fundraise – We are always grateful to our supporters who can give some time to set up a fundraiser on our behalf. Maybe on your next birthday you could set up a fundraiser on Facebook and ask for donations from your friends. Or maybe a sponsored activity or event. All ideas are welcome, no matter how simple or crazy! If you can think of a way to raise some money for us, we’d be more than happy to support it, just tag us on social media and we’ll help spread the word!
- Share – We understand that not everyone is always in a position to help financially or to adopt, but if you could share our stories through your social networks and help us to gain more support to continue our work, this can be just as valuable.
Whichever way is right for you, your support is so gratefully received as we continue to rescue more amazing cats and dogs that are desperately in need of someone to love and care for them.